(As of: 1/5/16)
1. What information do we collect about you?
We explain below the main ways that we collect and process information about you.
Information You Provide To Us:
Your use of the Services may require registration, in which case we will ask you to provide certain personal information, including an email address, phone number, username, password, and potentially some of your health or cosmetic related information. You may also decide to provide us with some optional demographic information to enhance your profile, such as your country of residence, home address, education, interests, and communications preferences.
You may also provide personal information to us, if you choose to:
- sign up to receive any of our Services and or any of our additional services, or request to receive certain communications from us;
- submit a help request, a customer services inquiry or other inquiry to us, or fill in any other forms for the purposes of receiving our Services;
- participate in some of the features accessible via the Services (for example, message boards, chat groups, social networking, games, surveys, polls, promotions, contests, or sweepstakes);
- contact us about employment opportunities posted to the Services; or
- otherwise use the Services in a manner that you have requested.
Depending on which of these or any other Services you use, the personal information you provide may include your name, email address, user name, home address, telephone number, information posted by you on sites accessed via the Services. Also, if you choose to login to a product or feature via a social networking site, you are granting us permission to access and use information about you provided by the social network. For example, if you use a social network feature to login to a product, per such social network’s policies, they may provide us access to you and your friends’ names, pictures, genders, user Ids, connections and any content shared using an “Everyone” or similar privacy setting. Please be aware, that by posting information to message boards, chat groups or social networking facilities available via the Services, you will be making this information available to other users of these Services and to the public. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself.
Information We Collect When You Use The Services:
When you use the Services, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or device and your activities, including:
(1) IP address of your computer;
(2) Unique mobile device identifier;
(3) Technical information about your computer or mobile device such as type of device, mobile device ID number, web browser (Internet Explorer 8, etc.), other browser information (e.g. size, connection speed and connection type), and operating system or platform (Mac, Windows XP, etc.);
(4) Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.);
(5) Internet provider or mobile carrier name;
(6) The URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting the Website;
(7) Information about your activity on the Services (e.g., your search queries, mis-formatted DNS entries, search results selected, clicks, pages viewed, search history, comments); and
(8) If you are using a mobile device, your mobile device’s geographic location (specific geographic location if you’ve enabled collection of that information, or general geographic location automatically). Please see the section “Mobile Device Location Information” below for further information.
2. How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- verify your eligibility for our Services;
- provide you the Services, including through our listing, advertising, and content services (for example, Service Professional will be able to contact you via e-mail, postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices if you fill out a request for more information about their services);
- respond to your queries with the best possible answers and search results;
- understand our users (their demographics, what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them etc.) and improve our Services, such as by personalizing content to your interests and process and complete your transactions (included through targeted advertising);
- administer our Services, diagnose technical problems and otherwise manage our business;
- send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you in accordance with your preferences. Please see the section “Reviewing, changing or deleting information” for further information about how you can control these communications;
- send you questions from other users that you may be able to answer if you have registered with our Services;
- to send you deals and promotions;
- deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes, or otherwise facilitate the use of our Services;
- provide you with customer support;
- enable us to show you ads that are more relevant to you; and
- perform functions as otherwise described at the time of collection.
Please note that if you voluntarily provide any personal information or content through the Services and/or Site (e.g., profiles, username, in comments, on message boards, etc.) this information will be publicly available and may be used by unrelated third parties.
We may also generate, use and disclose aggregated and/or anonymized information and statistics about your use of the Services to third parties for marketing, analytical and strategic purposes. In those instances, and excluding information you provide through the Site for the purposes of contacting a physician, no user of our Services will be individually identifiable to the third party from the aggregated and/or anonymized information and statistics.
3. How do we share the information we collect?
We will share your information in the following ways:
- Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners (“service providers”): We may share your with our service providers who process your personal information to provide services to us or on our behalf.
- Sponsors and Merchants: When you register for the Site and Services, we may share the Personal Information you provide us to certain sponsors and merchants based on information you provide us and/or your interests that may in return contact you with offers for services and/or products.
- Service Professionals: We enable you to request information and/or services from Service Professionals by filling out a registration or similar service request form for specific services from those Service Professionals. When you fill out and submit a service request form through our Site, you consent to our providing your personal information and request to the Service Professionals. Sharing this information with the Service Professionals allows them to contact you using the contact information you provided. Additionally, we have other contractual partners that fulfill service requests or that utilize their own Service Professionals to supplement our offering, and we share your information with them in order to attempt to provide the services requested.
- Companies within the IAC Group of Companies: We may share your information with our affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company, IAC Corp.
- Fraud prevention: We may disclose the personal information we collect about our users when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
- Law enforcement purposes: If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Sale or merger of our business: We may transfer your personal information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets).
Please note that any third parties to whom we disclose personal information may have their own privacy policies that describe how they use and disclose personal information. These third parties may also have servers located inside or outside the U.S. Those policies will govern the use, handling, and disclosure of your personal information once we have shared it with those third parties. We encourage you to visit those third parties websites to learn more about their privacy practices.
4. Cookies and Online Advertising:
There are two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your device, and (2) third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. Cookies have a lot of jobs. For example, our cookies enable us to recognize you (e.g. as a registered user) when you visit our website and to store your preferences and settings. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance / analytics, advertising and social media purposes. Cookies from advertising companies, for example, help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. To understand more about certain types of cookies and pixel tags, click here.
How To Control Or Delete Cookies:
Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. Users can usually set their browsers to block certain third-party cookies (which are those set by third-party companies collecting information on websites operated by other companies), block certain cookies (including certain first-party cookies such as the ones we use to collect search activity information about its users), or block specific cookies. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
Please note that if you choose to block cookies, this may interfere with certain functionality on our website. Also, if you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set; however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
Online Behavioral Advertising and Mobile:
- Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/consumers)
Please bear in mind that there are more companies listed on these sites than those that drop cookies on our Site.
If you are using an IACSAM mobile application, we use your unique mobile device ID number to recognize you when you use the application and to store your preferences and settings. Advertising companies may also use and store your mobile device ID to show ads that they consider relevant to you in various mobile services that you use.
If you are using an iOS device and you do not want to receive tailored in-application ads that relate to your interests, you may opt-out by accessing the following link on your device: http://oo.apple.com. If you are using an iOS6 device, you also may limit the delivery of tailored in-application ads by: Open Settings and tap “General” then tap “About”; Scroll to the bottom of About and tap “Advertising”; Flip “Limit Ad Tracking” to ON. For iOS7 and above, you can find the “Limit Ad Tracking” option by tapping “Settings”, “Privacy” and then “Advertising”. If you are using an Android device and you do not wish to receive tailored in-application ads, you can open the Google Settings app on your device, select “Ads” and follow the instructions. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to control receiving tailored in-application ads; thus, you should contact the platform provider if the above options are no longer available.
Mobile Device Location Information:When you use one of our location-enabled services (for example, when you access Services from a mobile device), we may need to collect and process information about your actual GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information was recorded. Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you. If you do not want your location information collected when you use the Services from a mobile device, please follow these instructions:
- If you are using an Apple device, open Settings and then click on “General,” then “Reset,” then “Reset Location and Privacy.” This will turn off location functionality for all of your apps so that the next time you download or use an app, you will be asked again to provide your consent for us and others to access your location information. App-specific location settings may be available by opening Settings and clicking on “Privacy” and then “Location”.
- If you are using an Android device, visit device settings, click “Location,” and then click the boxes for the particular applications for which you would like to disable location services.
- If your device changes the above methods of disabling the collection of mobile device location, please contact your device manufacturer or platform provider to determine how to disable the collection of this information.
IAC Search & Media, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
555 12th Street, 11th Floor
Oakland, CA 94607
Do Not Track. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out links above. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Site; we do not control whether or how they respond to DNT signals.
6. How do we keep the information we collect secure?
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful access or processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it to provide products or services to you, or in order to do their jobs. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you.
7. How long do we keep the information we collect?
We retain the information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain of the information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
8. Children under 13
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a person submitting information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. You hereby represent that you are at least 13.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to send us a request at the designated address to receive the following information, with certain exceptions:
i) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes
ii) the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information’ and
iii) if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of during the preceding calendar year; the products or services marketed.
10. Consent to Transfer of Information